Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30th, we are finally here!



Hello, we are the Zenger Nilsen family and we are new to Ohio. We are fortunate to have worked with President and Sister Jensen through this transition and we love and honor them for the wonderful service and hard work they have offered for the past three years.

Our family consists of President Robert (Bob) Tingey Nilsen, Sister Kathleen Zenger Nilsen, Allison (20), Joshua (19), Jenny (16, the blonde), Wills (14) and Jack (10). We are all in Ohio except Alli who lives in California and will be a senior in college. Josh will be leaving in Aug. for his mission to Ecuador. We moved here from SLC, Utah where we have lived for the past six years. Prior to that we lived in Florida, California, Australia, Singapore, South Africa, Australia again, Kentucky, and Massachusetts.

We have loved touring the nine zones and meeting all of the missionaries, what a great collection of ambassadors for the Lord! Ohio is a fantastic place to teach, the people are friendly and fairly faithful in their devotion to Jesus Christ. There are almost as many churches here as there are in Utah, although it's a mixed bag of denominations. Once I get organized I will post the zone meeting photos so you can see for yourselves how fantastic our missionaries are!




6 comments:

  1. So excited to have you in Ohio, our son is serving there. We are excited about this blog, it will be nice to keep up on some things going on. Thanks for your service.
    Sister Kathy Glad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooray! The Great Ohio Columbus Mission has a blog - thank you. I look forward to sharing in little snippets of the joy you all are having in Ohio. How exciting to have your family with you on a mission. Thank you for your willingness to serve AND I look forward to your blogging. Love, Sis. Kellie Hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for starting this blog! I love info on my son's mission. You are all in our prayers, but now we have faces to go with the names:) Sis Leslie Neville

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for starting a blog, I am always interested in more information my son's mission. Also thank you for the letter and photo of Elder Hansen. He mention enjoying meeting you and sharing his favorite scripture.
    Sister Susan Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our son, Elder Michael Morley, is serving in the Columbus Ohio mission. I recently received the letter with the picture of you and him together and the info about this blog. I'm so I am excited to follow your blog and see what is going on in our sons area.
    Thank you, thank you!!
    Sister Peggy Morley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you have arrived in Ohio. It's great to hear more details about your family. Of course our missionary mentioned how great it was to meet you but he's not always forthcoming with details. He forgot to tell you that we moved across the country recently, so just got the letter and picture today. Thank you so much. I love having a missionary in the field and news of him is precious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete