Friday, April 5, 2013

The Harvester, April 2013


Christ Has Won the Victory President & Sister Nilsen
Atonement. Resurrection. Powerful words representing powerful actions. Easter was especially significant this year to many of our brothers and sisters in The Great OCM. Many of you have experienced the loss of family members and close friends and many others were reminded of the loss felt from those who have previously passed to the Spirit World. Our Easter was especially poignant in the Powell Ward as one of our members, a young mother, died at home from cancer just half an hour before the Sacrament service started. Our hearts were heavy and full. Heavy with the loss of someone we love and full with the knowledge that Christ, Emanuel – meaning "God With Us" truly is with us.

As quoted from Easter General Conferences in the past, we hear the words of our Prophet and Apostles:

"The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job’s question, ‘If a man die, shall he live again.’ To all within the sound of my voice I declare; If a man die, he shall live again." - President Thomas S. Monson.  Besides referring to it as the most glorious event in human history, President Monson also said, "In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morn-ing. ‘He is not here: for He is risen.’"

"On this Easter Sunday, and every day, as we contemplate with reverence and awe how our Savior em-braces us, comforts us and heals us, let us commit to become His hands, that others through us may feel His loving embrace," - President Uchtdorf

Elder Richard G. Scott—"This Easter resolve to make the Lord Jesus Christ the living center of your home. Should you have been disobedient to His commandments and feel unworthy, recognize that this is why the Lord, Jesus Christ, laid down His life. Through His atonement He has opened forever the opportunity to overcome such mistakes, to repent of improper choices, and to conquer the negative effects of a life con-trary to His teachings."

President Monson also admonished members to "look to the lighthouse of the Lord in a world that has drifted from the harbor of peace. The Lord loves us, my brothers and sisters, and will bless us as we call upon Him."

Our message as special representatives of the Savior is just that HE LIVES and because He has overcome death, we will too. Teaching the Doctrine of Christ and changing lives allows others to recognize that Jesus Christ is "God With Us."

May we always place our faith in the Lord knowing, as we sing in the hymn:
He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst His three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free
Christ has won the victory.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Alma the Younger and Working with Members In Alma Chapter 8 in the Book of Mormon, we find the dejected prophet Alma leaving Ammonihah in defeat. He was leaving the city after having fasted, prayed, and pouring his heart out to the Lord, for the Spirit to be poured out upon the people there. However, he was met with violent rejection, being "spat upon and cast out of the city". I'm sure you have felt a small measure of what Alma felt after working, fasting, and praying, only to feel like your efforts are being wasted. It was on the road home that an angel of the Lord appeared to him. Amazingly it was the same angel that had appeared to him years before, only at that time to call him and his friends, the Sons of Mosiah, to repentance. This time, the angel had a dif-ferent message for Alma, directing him to go back to Ammonihah, for the Lord still had important work for him to do there. (Do you sometimes get the feeling that we all have a specific angel assigned to us like Alma did?)
Alma did not know it yet, but he was going back on the direction of the Lord through an angel, to do Member - Missionary work. This same angel had been very busy, having also appeared to a man in Am-monihah named Amulek. You know the story... How Alma asked for food, Amulek brought him into his home and was taught by the Prophet Alma in his home.
The miracle of this story happens in Alma Chapter 10. Alma starts preaching to the People of Am-monihah and is not really getting through to them when Amulek steps forward and testifies that what Alma has been teaching is true. The people are then astonished as they know Amulek personally, perhaps having had business with him, or maybe their children played together, or maybe they had been neighbors. Now there was one of the Ammonihah citizens, who actually believed in what Alma taught. That seemed to make a huge difference to the people there and they had to take Alma the Prophet more seriously. This led to the conversion of Zeezrom.

Elders and Sisters, as we work more closely with members, we will be blessed with more baptisms. Share this story of Amulek with the members you meet and help them realize just how important they are to the success of missionary work in your area. Like Alma was to Amulek, as he stated in Alma 10:11, "he hath blessed my house and my kindred", you missionaries are a wonderful blessing to each of us members here, and your work with the members will result in more saved souls.

May the Lord bless you in this sacred work,

President Rahlf
___________________________________________________________________________________

EASY TACOS Hamburger
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Small can Tomato Sauce
Brown hamburger and drain fat. Add Spices and Tomato Sauce. Simmer about 5 minutes. Serve in soft flour tortil-las with your favorite toppings (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.)
CHICKEN FAJITAS Boneless chicken breast
Large Onion
Green Pepper
Fajita Mix
Cut Chicken Breast into bitesize chunks and brown in small
amount of oil. Cook until almost done. Add sliced onion
and green pepper. Add fajita mix to taste. Serve with fa-vorite toppings (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.) in soft flour tortillas.
TACO SOUP Brown 1/2 lb. hamburger and drain fat.
Add: Dried or chopped onions to taste
1 can minestrone soup
1 can kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can whole corn
1 small can chopped green chilies (optional)
Garlic salt or powder to taste.
Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Enjoy
___________________________________________________________________________________


Happy Birthday!!!

April 1 Elder Holbrook
April 1 Elder Furniss
April 1 Sister Allen
April 2 Sister Fletcher
April 3 Sister Brower (SC)
April 3 Elder Bass (SC)
April 6 Elder Foster
April 7 Elder Cornia
April 8 Elder Barnett
April 9 Elder Reddish
April 9 Elder Carranza
April 10 Elder Watkins
April 12 Elder Connor Graff
April 13 Sister Jensen
April 14 Elder Jacob Smith
April 15 Elder Ibarra
April 25 Elder Park
April 27 Elder Whitmer
April 27 Sister Briscoe
April 28 Elder Harris
April 29 Elder Garner
April 30 Elder Bowden
April 30 Elder Bedford
___________________________________________________________________________________

FROM SISTER NIU’S MAIL ROOM: As the OCM contin-ues to grow and we get more missionaries, it becomes critical that your family and friends put your full name on any mail sent to the office so we have no confusion over similar names. Currently we have two Elder Strongs, two Elder Bells, and two Elder Campbells, in addition to Hansen, Smith, Brown, & Johnson. In addition we will soon have three Sister Webb’s and two Sister Fishers. Even using the initial of your first name is not sufficient, as all three Elder Johnsons, currently serving, have first names that begin with the letter "J". Some of you also have last names that are similar in nature such as Graff and Graf; Neilson, Nielsen, and soon also Nelson. When there is not a first name in the address, I am not 100% certain who the piece of mail belongs to. Keep in mind that the last name could easily just be misspelled and/or my eyes read it one way when it really is another. Also, I have recently re-ceived several pieces of mail coming through the office, with-out any postage. You may have just forgotten to attach a stamp, it may have come off during its journey, or perhaps some think postage is not needed for missionaries. Please note that any mail sent through the Post Office must have the required amount of postage, even if it is being sent to an-other missionary in the mission. Thank you for your help! ____________________________________________________________________________________

SPANISH MESSAGE Extendemos y Nos Regocijamos! Élderes, queremos que piensen en algunas preguntas en cuanto al tema de este Periódico.
¿Por qué extendemos invitaciones bautismales?
¿Como Extendemos invitaciones bautismales?
¿Qué es una invitación bautismal?
En Predicad Mi Evangelio aprendemos algo importante: "Como misionero, usted desea la salvación de las almas. Usted sabe que las personas pueden venir a Cristo y ser salvas solamente mediante las condiciones del arrepentimiento. Una forma de cumplir sus deseos es declarar el arrepentimiento e invitar con valentía a las personas a ejercer la fe para arrepentimiento, a ser bautizados en el agua y con el Espíritu, y perseverar fielmente hasta el fin." Pga. 211 Invitar a hacer compromisos
¡Tenemos el mandamiento de extender al final de la primera lección cada vez! Extensiones bautismales reflejan nuestras intenciones y deseos así que con cada nuevo investigador que encontramos, debemos tener una invitación bautismal! ¿Como podemos esperar un bautismo si no invitamos a nuestros investigadores a hacerlo? ¡Les testificamos que al extender, nosotros recibiremos las bendiciones! ¡Las hemos visto en nuestra área y queremos que tengan las mismas!
¡No se olviden del entrenamiento que vamos a tener el 16 de Abril! ¡Estamos muy animados verles ahí! ¡Les amamos Élderes, y estamos aquí para servirles en cada forma que podemos! Recuerdan las palabras en Éter 2:16 "Y dijo el Señor: Poneos a trabajar…"
Con Amor, Elder Holbrook y Elder Neilson xoxo
_____________________________________________________________________________________
THE GREAT OHIO COLUMBUS MISSION
STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE

Our Vision:
To help "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39).

Our Purpose: WE BAPTIZE! Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
Our Plan: We accomplish our vision by executing our plan at "boiling point"! "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and sanctification of their hearts, which sanc-tification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." —Helaman 3:35
Our Weekly Standards of Excellence
Mission Minimum per Week                                            Leadership Minimum per Week
3 new investigators                                                              6 new investigators
2 investigators at church                                                     4 investigators at church
60% member presence                                                         100% member presence
1 baptism                                                                               2 baptisms
20+ lessons                                                                           20+lessons
2 on date consistently                                                         3 on date consistently
100% morning schedules                                                    100% morning schedules

"Wherefore, for this cause I gave unto you the commandment that ye should go to the Ohio; and there I will give unto you my law: and there you shall be endowed with power from on high."

1. We are always
EXACTLY OBEDIENT. 2. We are
ALWAYS FINDING. 3. We
SERVE the members and EARN their referrals. 4. We
INVITE all new investigators during the first lesson to pray, read the Book of Mormon, attend church, and be bap-tized. (We strongly encourage informal chapel tours.) 5. We
ACHIEVE our goals through faith, prayer, fasting and exceptionally hard and smart work. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________



Baptized & Confirmed— by Zone
Zone January February March Cincinnati 2 4 7 Cincinnati -East 3 4 11 Cincinnati North 6 5 3 Columbus 3 4 3 Columbus East 4 4 7 Columbus North 1 5 5 Columbus South 8 5 3 Dayton 2 5 7 Dayton East 3 6 5 Totals 32 42 51 ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Converts                            Taught By
David                             Elder & Sister Walbeck
Sondra                           Elders Patterson & Mallory
Brittany                         Elders Riquelme,Tolman & Beck
Giovanne                      Elders Roach, Ith, & Bracken
Lizzy                              Elders Whitmer, Grubbe, King, Ross,
                                         & Culler
Kelsi                              Elders Whitmer, Grubbe, King, & Ross
Melissa                         Elders Larsen & Rawlings
David                            Sisters Green, Johnson, & Finefeuiaki
Debra                            Elders Kujanpaa, Bishop, & Nitz
Marco                           Elders Holbrook & Arveseth
Jamie                             Elders DuBose & H. Strong
Germaine Sr.                 Elders Saunders & Luks
Cheyenne                     Elders Garner, Kimball, & Olinger
Deana                            Elders Pearson, Osieczanek, Walker,
                                         & Bodily
Diane                            Sister Blackham, Hughes &
                                       Elder & Sister J. Young
Doug                             Elders Ross, Nygren, & Spaulding
Isaak                              Elders Harris, Nygren, & Tolman
Judith                             Elders Nicholas & Campbell
Charlisa                        Sisters Kay, Savage, & Ward
Ryan                              Elders Collett & Miles
Austin                           Elders Jacob Smith & Prettyman
Robert                            Elders Evans, Clark, & Turner
Patty                              Elders Hein & Graff
Jerry                               Elders Larson, Homewood, & Neilson
Angel                             Elders Culler & Thompson
Gong                              Elders Chhay, Culter, & Whiting
Jason                             Elders Pearson, Osieczanek, Iverson,
                                            & Tolman
Brandy                          Elders Steglich,Tavake,Gayer, Durnall,
                                            & Shields
Glen                               Sisters Gree, Johnson, & Hyer
Donnita                         Elders M. Smith, Barnett, & Price
Isaac                              Elders Bishop & Kujanpaa
Pyper                             Elders Smuin & Whiting
Julia                               Elders G. Brown, Z. Nielsen, & Peters
Donna                           Elders Cook, Toombs, Kujanpaa, & Jones
Troy                              Elders Reddish & Pali
Balencia                        Elders Reddish & Pali
Allie                               Elders Ith, Nygren, Spauling, & Ross
Jeff                                 Elders Bullock, Durnall, & Eldredge,
                                        & Beck
Constance                      Elders Twogood, Burden, & K. Smith
Germaine Jr.                   Elders Wright, Luks, Saunders, & Mudds
Shekina                          Elders Wright, Luks, Saunders, & Mudds
Zack                               Elders Housari,Crawford,Birch,& Radford
Sam                                 Sisters Brignone, Rasband, Elders Poulsen, & Decker
Andrew                          Elders Evans, Mudrow, Turner, & Clark
Sharlene                         Elders Bowden, Daw, Fullmer, & Marriana
Sam                                 Sisters Bradford & Lee
Amanda                          Elders Hemmert, Kimball, Olinger,
                                         & Garner
Roberta                           Sisters Johnson, Hyer,Green, & Finefeuiaki
Marlina                            Sisters Johnson, Hyer, Green, & Finefeuiaki
Demetria                          Elders Lamm & Beverley
Greta                                 Elders Homewood, Arveseth, Holbrook,

________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Arrivals! Welcome to our newest Sisters and Elders in The OCM!

Elder Kelton D. Barr  Elder Logan S. Bell   Elder Kenneth R. Boelter              Diana Briscoe                    Elder Konner Eldredge
Gilbert, Arizona         Kaysville, Utah          Mesa, Arizona                              Ft. Collins, Colorado          Layton, Utah

Elder Brayden Fivas    Elder Kevin Graf      Elder Christopher Hansen            Elder Kurtis G. Hauck        Sister Kathryn Hyer
Tooele, Utah Draper,   Utah Idaho Falls,    Idaho North                                    Las Vegas, Nevada             Nine Mile Falls, WA

Sister Hadlee Jensen     Elder Joel Johnson    Sister Geena Love             Elder Cameron Monahan         Sister Brittany Payne
Thatcher, Idaho              Hyde Park, Utah        Santa Clara, Utah           Carlsbad, California                     West Jordan, Utah

Elder Ryan Peacock       Elder James Pike        Sister Ehrin Pollock           Elder Daniel Taylor             Sister Brandi Jo Zollinger
Tooele, Utah                   Salt Lake City, Utah    Bunkerville, Nevada        Deweyville, Utah                 Malta, Idaho
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Testimonies of Departing Missionaries

Elder and Sisters of The Great Ohio Columbus Mission!
I have been greatly blessed by the Savior and our Heavenly Father to have been able to serve for these past two years. I will be forever grateful for the opportunities, experiences, and memories that I have been able to have and experience through serving as The Savior's Representative! I love the people here in the Great Ohio and I know that the Lord is preparing Thousands of souls to hear this great message! I know that through the guidance of the Spirit, all of us here in The Ohio can find them and bring them home! I have truly been changed by the great atoning sacrifice of the Sav-ior and I know He lives and that He is with us! I know that as we exercise great faith in HIM, miracles can happen! I pray that all of you will sacrifice all that you have and are for The Savior and Our Father In Heaven so that you may be able to always be guided by the Spirit! Trust in the ena-bling power of the atonement and lay everything on the table and work hard. I promise the Lord
WILL lead you! I can't wait to see the miracles wrought by all of you! I testify of the Savior and His Atonement. I know HE lives! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! -Elder Kaeden Allen
I am so eternally grateful that I have been given the privi-lege of serving in the Great Ohio! I love it here! I have come to understand the love of the Savior as I have worked along side Him. I feel honored to have watched Him work miracles in the lives of the members and investigators. He has given me the opportunity to exercise faith I didn't know I had, and to grow in ways that I couldn't have done any-where else. I love my Savior, Redeemer and Friend with all that I am and all that I have. He has made it possible for me to repent and live with my Father in Heaven again. I can never repay Him, but I can help Him in His work of saving the souls of men-our brothers and sisters. The Atonement is real. I have seen it work. Have faith in Him, and it will all work out. I know this to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. -Sister Karen Brignone
I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. A seed of faith was planted in me long ago, and that seed has sprouted on my mission. I understand my Redeemer a little better now, and I know He wants us to become like Him. I see seeds of perfection in everyone. Through a gift from my Heavenly Father, I have eyes to see dormant greatness, potential that if nurtured, will grow into blossoming grandeur. No matter how scarred, tarnished, soiled, or lost a human soul appears to be, it is still a soul. The Atonement of Jesus Christ can help, heal, uplift, and transform any of us. Given Living Water and being warmed by the Light of the World, the seeds of perfection within us grow and we become what God intended us to become. I know that we all have poten-tial to be like our Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I was taught this by the power of the Holy Ghost! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each of us! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. -Elder Greg Brown

Elders and Sisters!
I will forever be grateful for the time that I have had to serve here with you in The Great Ohio Columbus Mis-sion. I know that our Savior lives. I know that "there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ" (Alma 38:9). Our purpose, our commis-sion, is to help others through the gate of baptism and onto the path that leads to salvation. I love the Doctrine of Christ. This is how lives are transformed and changed for-ever and how each of us can become spotless through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. My life has changed and I have seen the lives of others change. I testify that as you submit your will to Heavenly Father's will, you will reach your potential and become the missionary that you want to be. My favorite quote by Elder Scott is "You become what you want to be by consistently being what you want to be-come." Submit today. Then submit tomorrow. You will be enabled and strengthened through the grace of Jesus Christ to do His work. As you pour out your heart to Heavenly Father to find the elect, He will guide you to those whom He has prepared. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. As I study it, I receive guidance and direction from my Father in Heaven and I feel my faith in-crease. It is the same for those that we teach. I love the gospel and I love being a missionary! I will continue to labor in the Lord's vineyard wherever He needs me. Sound Forth the Trumpet Forever! -Love, Sister Jocelyn Kimball

Warren Miller, pioneer of the modern day ski film, said, "Adventure is the chance for ordinary people to become extraordinary." Prior to my mission, I often related this quote to my many adventures in the mountains. Though I have many more mountain adventures yet ahead of me, none of them will compare to the adventure that has been my mission. I will forever be grateful I had the privilege of serving my Heavenly Father in a land and among a people I love so much. Ohio is sacred ground. I bear you my witness that we have a loving Heavenly Father. He has provided a plan for us to become like Him and dwell in a state of never ending happiness with our families. This plan has been made possible by our elder brother, Jesus Christ. I know that Christ descended below all things. I know that He gladly bore my sins and burdens even though He knew I would never deserve it. I know that Jesus Christ and Heav-enly Father appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and through him restored the fullness of the everlasting Gospel. I know, with every fiber of my being, that the Book of Mor-mon is the word of God. If we but lose ourselves in this great work, we will become the "extraordinary" beings we are capable of becoming. Hurrah for Israel!
-Elder Joshua Lee Reddish

(2 Nephi 1:21) Excuse me here for a second with some non-scriptural elaboration, but this scripture is basically telling us to MAN UP...DON’T BE SOFT...and DO WORK! I have seen many miracles and have had countless experi-ences that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I know that the Doctrine of Jesus Christ changes lives for the better. I bear testimony that we have a Father in Heaven that knows and cares about each of us. I know that Jesus Christ came to this earth to set a perfect example and to redeem each of us. I know it is only in and through Jesus Christ that we are saved. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and through him, Jesus Christ restored His church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord’s Kingdom here on earth. For those of you still out here, en-joy it. Work hard, it goes fast! If you are lucky, you might get to serve with Elder Durnall or my boy, Elder Eldredge. If nothing else do as the Lord said in Ether 2:16.."GO TO WORK!" In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Gavin Thomas Bullock
My Beloved Warriors & Defenders of the Faith: SKIP THIS TESTIMONY! I’m sure we all will agree that a mis-sion is full of change: from the first day to the 24th Month, from Scioto to Delaware, born to Elder Bryner and killed by Elder Nygren, greenie to example, bike to the Man Van, and nasty apartments to POSH bachelor pads. However, somethings never change. I’m still 6’3", scrawny, sarcastic, and wearing "approved" DM boots. My testimony of this everlasting gospel is as strong as when the Spirit of the Lord confirmed to me what I had been taught by goodly parents. God is my Eternal Father. Jesus Christ is my Advo-cate, my Example, and my Light. He is my Perfect Big Brother. Joseph Smith restored disregarded truths and the holy Priesthood of God. The Book of Mormon is the grand Finder—bringing truth to those who know not where to find it. I testify these things to be true, so I must obey. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Keep Smiling:)….Lets go Gather Israel! -Elder Jaden Kyle Harris

Ahoy OCM! Things I will NOT miss: Bed bugs, black mold and being asked how many sister wives I have. Things I WILL miss: The Spirit piercing the room while the First Vision is bring recited, the light in someone’s eyes when it "clicks", seeing hearts soften and lives change, the glow of new members after baptism and being a mouth piece for the Lord, as the Holy Ghost gives you the words to say to God’s children. I know God hears and answers prayers. He can make more out of our lives than we can, if we let Him. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for our sins… Some of the blood that He shed was for each of us. He is always there for us; He understands, He cares and He lives. Christ’s church has been restored through a living prophet and we have evidence of it: The Book of Mormon! Not only is it evidence of the truth, but of God’s love for all of us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Sister Britney Kay:)

My fellow warriors of truth and righteousness serving in The Great OCM!! These past two years of my life have changed me forever! I love being a Missionary!!!! During our missions we have a 24/7 opportunity to live as closely as we possibly can in the footsteps of our Savior! To Serve as He Serves! To Love as He Loves! To Change lives in the way that only He can change lives! I Know that He lives! And that it is only in and through Jesus Christ that we may be forgiven of our sins and once again be reunited with our Father In Heaven! What a blessing it is to bear this message to all whom we meet out here in the Great OCM!!!! I have never been on my knees more in my life than on my mission! I have learned so much, I have grown so much, and I have realized how weak I really am. But I know that through Jesus Christ I can do all things! I love Him. I love this work. There is a time and a season for all things. My season as a full-time missionary is coming to an end. But my season as a full-time member missionary is just beginning! Our missions do not end after our missions! Life is a mission! May we all serve faithfully as the Lord’s missionaries till the end! Stay strong and be true! Be confident! When in doubt testify! Be obedi-ent! Love unconditionally! Know that success is given not earned! Be real and be YOU! The Lord qualifies those whom He calls. You are called to this work and you can do it! Seriously, you can. If you rely on Him and give all that you have to Him, He will work His work through you. Give it 110%!!! It’s been a good ride, Elders and Sisters. It’s been a good ride. I love you all, and I know that you love this work! Keep taking care of the Lord’s favorite part of the vineyard!! And ours! The Great OCM!!!! You are all in my prayers! Keep on Keepin on!
-Much Missionary Love: Elder Riggs

"World-wide conflicts will come and go, but the war waged for the souls of men continues without abatement"..
-President Monson Elders and Sisters, I have seen this mission move from a standard of 2 new investigators to 4. I have seen the mission move from 15-20 baptisms per month to 50+. I think we can hit 60. In fact, I know we can! I know that it's our time to bring souls to Christ, to labor in the field. Remember, Hard is good. A woman in my life (my grandma) always said "Hard work makes strong men". We are a mission that works. I know that our Father will build and lift you, as you reach out to serve His children. I know that through the Book of Mormon you will find the words and the strength to help others. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, just as Stephen the disciple did when he said "Behold, I see the heavens opened and the son of man standing on the right hand of God." I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to be the Lord's Kingdom here on the earth today, with a living prophet to guide it. I know that you and I have been called by the Lord to serve in this sacred vineyard of the Great Ohio. I know President and Sister Nilsen to be inspired of God, and I know that He is here in this work. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Always remember the GREAT OCM!!!! HASTA LA VISTA AMIGOS!!!
-Love, Elder Nick Wheadon

Elders and Sisters, "It just doesn’t get any better than this". That is what we said after serving our first mission in Alabama. How-ever, as we prepare to end our service here in the "GREAT Ohio mission", we are grateful for the Lord’s tender mercies and for the opportunity we have had to serve and love the people of the Ohio Columbus mission, especially those in Oxford Ohio. The gospel is true and WE KNOW that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins. This is the message that missionaries share to the world and we are so grateful to have been a part of it. You are examples of the true gospel. By your obedience and dedication you have been able to share spiritual promptings that few people are able to witness and that no words can explain. Keep that desire and dedication throughout your life. You are chosen to help usher in the coming of the Lord. "Be Thou an Example". God bless you. Till we meet again. -Love, Elder and Sister Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment